Look who picked me up. Come join us and tweet your opinions at the #InterGenFem tweet chat 1/31 at 2pm eastern.
Does it exist?
Can we do a better job?
Why does working together across differences (generation is just one of many, including race, class, gender, sexuality, ability) matter for the cultural and political goals feminists are looking to achieve?
These conversations keep happening, and the idea for this TweetChat grew out of a great conversation that happened spontaneously on Twitter between @AndreaPlaid, @erintothemax, @ShelbyKnox, @StephHerold, @veronicaeye and @WentRogue. Along the way we picked up @GloriaFeldt and now we’re hoping to pick up YOU (yes, YOU are enthusiastically invited!) to join us for a broader conversation that is intended to be productive, solutions-oriented and totally helpful to your personal and professional endeavors to realize justice in this lifetime.
Some of the themes to discuss:
- 1. “Young feminism” – what does it mean?
- 2. Organizational feminism – what is and isn’t connecting with different age groups?
- 3. How does race and racial privilege intersect with intergenerational issues in the movement?
- 4. What is the unfinished business of feminism?
- 5. What does sharing power look like?
- 6. What can we all do to better support each other?
Is there more that needs to be discussed? Good. That’s another reason for you to join, so you can bring it up.
TweetChat is Thursday, Jan. 31. Use the hashtag #InterGenFem.
#InterGenFem + YOU = Join In!
Be there 2-3 p.m. and tell your friends.
Latest posts by Gloria Feldt (Posts)
- This Blog is No Longer Active… - March 17, 2014
- Women’s Equality Day and the Civil Rights March - August 26, 2013
- Stuck? Change Your Relationship With Power - July 21, 2013