Recently, I sat down with Liz Dennery Sanders of She Brand who shares the secrets of successful branding with women entrepreneurs, coaches and consultants, saying “those who put this secret to work in their business never have to worry where their next client is coming from.”
In Liz’s SheBrand SuperStar series, she features female entrepreneurs “who are out there in the trenches each and every day, making things happen and affecting other people’s lives for the better.”
Please enjoy this reprint of her interview.
Name: Gloria Feldt
Occupation: Speaker, Author, World Changer
1. What are three words that best describe your personal brand?
Courage. Inspiration. Integrity.
2. Tell us why you’re awesome in two sentences or less?
I have cracked the code that can bring women to parity in top leadership positions by 2025. I’m eyeball deep in creating a program (“Take The Lead”) to do just that based on my book No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power, which teaches women how to embrace their “power to” lead and live without limits.
3. What are your three biggest indulgences
- Gifts for my grandchildren
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who say they will do something and then they don’t.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not) who would it be and why?
My father, who died 18 years ago. I’d like to be able to thank him for telling me that I could do anything my “pretty little head desires.” It took me a lifetime to be able to hear his message and now I get to share it with other women.
6. Why is having a powerful personal brand important to you?
The most important No Excuses Power Tool is “Define yourself first, before someone else defines you.” We are all going to be defined. Better to do it for ourselves in a way that is authentic and meaningful to us than to allow others to present us to the world.
7. What is your #1 marketing tip for fellow female entrepreneurs?
No one can market you as well as you, so you have to make that call.
Latest posts by Gloria Feldt (Posts)
- Women’s Equality Day and the Civil Rights March - August 26, 2013
- Stuck? Change Your Relationship With Power - July 21, 2013
- Stuck? Meet Jake and the Power of Letting Go to Move Forward - July 8, 2013