WHAT DO I TALK ABOUT?
I’m a best selling author and nationally recognized leader for women’s empowerment. As a frequently cited expert on women and power, politics, worklife, health, media, and intergenerational concerns, my speeches and seminars have inspired many thousands of participants while delivering practical leadership skills. Recent speech topics:
• No Excuses: The 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power—and Why Men Are Going to Love It
• Sister Courage: How to Apply Movement Building Principles to Work—and Everything Else
• Eight Leadership Lessons I Learned from Margaret Sanger
• Leading Into the Wave: The 7 C’s of How and Why to Embrace Controversy
• We’ve Come a Long Way, Maybe: a Brief History of Women Stepping into Power and Stepping Back
• WomenGirlsLadies: A Fresh Intergenerational Conversation (panel with Deborah Siegel, Courtney Martin, and Krystal Brent Zook).
• Women, Power, and Politics
• There was No Temple in Temple: Growing up Jewish in Small-Town Texas and What It Taught Me About Tikkun Olam
• £500 and a Womb of One’s Own—the Economic and Reproductive Justice Connection
• Carpe the Chaos: How to Lead and Live Unlimited in a Time of Perpetual Transition
WHAT MAKES ME AN EXPERT ON THESE TOPICS?
My most fourth and most recent book, No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power was 18 months in the writing but represents a lifetime of experience. Each of the 9 Ways contains a lesson and a “power tool” delivered through inspiring stories, interactive discussion, and solid information.
People Magazine called me “the voice of experience.” My expertise comes from frontline movement leadership and executive responsibility as former president and CEO of Planned Parenthood Federation of America; my passion for helping women to lead unlimited lives is rooted in personal experience as a teen mom with limited resources and little power. I’m a professor of practice at Arizona State University where I teach a course called “Women, Power, and Leadership.” Read what people say about my speeches.
HOW CAN I HELP ME MEET YOUR GOALS?
Are you are looking for a dynamic keynote speech on women, power, or leadership that will bring people to their feet? A panel, or an experiential seminar that engages, enlightens, and motivates? I work with you to tailor the presentation to your objectives. And I do it with heart and a dash of humor–I like to enjoy myself, too.
WHAT ARE SOME GROUPS I HAVE WORKED WITH?
[You can read a comprehensive list here.]
• University seminars on “Women, Power, and Leadership” or programs for Women’s History Month
• National women’s professional groups seeking to understand intergenerational differences between women in work, politics, and relationships
• Entrepreneurs looking for inspiration and leadership skills
• Activists who want inspirational strategies and leadership effectiveness
• General audiences interested in provocative discussions about gender trends in politics, workplace, and personal relationships
• Women’s groups seeking keynotes that touch the heart and empower their members
I’m a seasoned media commentator and fundraiser. I am always happy to take media interviews to publicize the speaking engagement or to participate in social events that support your group’s endeavors.
“The best lecturer we’ve had in my four years on the lecture board.”
~Nick Goldberg, Co-President
Brown University Student Lecture Board
“Gloria tells an inspiring story. Uplifting. Life affirming.”
“Nobody says it like Gloria Feldt.”
~Anna Clark, Blogger at Isak
“How moved I was!”