The next great leap for women is money and wealth building. If we understand its power. I’m excited to be joining Now Street and its fabulous founder Dara Albright plus a stellar lineup of speakers for this December 11 symposium, “Women Transforming Our Financial Markets.” It might be cold outside, gut I guarantee the wisdom in this room will be hot. Here are the full details.
NowStreet Media, leader in financial markets’ reform, is pleased to announce the agenda for its much anticipated “Women Transforming Our Financial Markets Symposium” being held on Tuesday, December 11th at Chadbourne & Parke’s conference center at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York City.
Presentations, workshops and panel discussions during an extensive full day program will address how new legislation, including the legalization of crowdfund investing and general solicitation, is transforming the financial markets and creating the optimum climate for America’s women to launch new businesses and maximize investment returns.
- Dara Albright, Founder of NowStreet
- Amy Cortese, Accomplished Journalist, Speaker & Author
- Luan Cox, Founder & CEO of Crowdnetic
- Doug Ellenoff, Member of Ellenoff Grossman & Schole
- Judith Feder, Managing Director at du Pasquier & Co., Inc
- Gloria Feldt, Inspirational speaker, Author
- John Frankel, Partner at ff Venture Capital
- Sara Hanks, Co-founder and CEO of CrowdCheck
- Hazel Henderson, Founder of Ethical Markets Media, LLC
- Matthew Henninger, Founder of CEDI Society
- Lori Hoberman, Partner of Chadbourne & Parke
- Constance Hunter, Global Economist & Senior Advisor at ISN CC
- James A. Jones, Director of Business Development for Accuplan
- Jason Jones, Portfolio Manager of HighStep Capital
- Candace Klein, Founder of Bad Girl Ventures & SomoLend
- Connie Koch, President, Southern California Region of Keiretsu Forum
- Danielle Lanyard, Founder of Green Breakfast Club
- Mitchell Littman, Founding Partner of Littman Krooks
- Gene Massey, CEO of MediaShares
- Brian Meece, CEO of RocketHub
- Monika Mitchell, CEO of Good Business International
- Vince Molinari, CEO of Gate Technologies
- Kathleen A Murray, Angel Investor and CEO of BoardmyBiz.com
- Scott Purcell, Founder of Arctic Island
- Phil Reicherz, Founder & Managing Partner at Magnolia Ventures LLC
- Stacy Robin, Director, Marketing at EisnerAmper
- Judy Robinett, Prominent Venture Investor
- April Rudin, CEO of The Rudin Group
- Barbara Russell, Co-Founder of The Social Internet Fund
- Rich Salute, Capital Markets and SEC Practice Director with J.H. Cohn
- Dr. Charles Sidman, Managing Partner of ECS Capital Partners and Angels
- Greg Slamowitz, Co-CEO of Ambrose Employer Group, LLC.
- McKenzie M. Slaughter, CEO of Prohaus Group & Beauty & The Bull Magazine
- Robin Smith, M.D., MBA, Chairman & CEO of Neostem, Inc
- Karla Valas, Managing Director at Fidelity Charitable
- Kim Wales, Founder of Wales Capital
- Michaela Walsh, Honorary Trustee of Women’s World Banking (WWB)
- Freeman White, CEO of Launcht
Bestselling author, speaker, and professor, Gloria Feldt, will be hosting her acclaimed “Women, Power, and Leadership workshop”. This 45 minute interactive session will provide participants with the practical “Power Tools” needed to become unlimited in their lives, leadership, and careers. To sign up for this valuable workshop, please email us at workshops(at)nowstreetevents(dot)com.
There will also be an opportunity to demo the cutting-edge platforms that are driving the industry forward and helping the private markets to transition into a viable and functional institutional marketplace.
Attendees will include primarily female entrepreneurs, crowdfunding professionals & enthusiasts, angels, accredited investors; investment bankers; wealth managers; VCs; family offices; incubators; private equity firms; pre-IPO fund managers; hedge funds; brokers; secondary stock specialists; equity analysts; select members of the media as well as tax, legal and regulatory experts.
To download the full the agenda, please visit http://nowstreetjournal.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/agenda-for-women-transforming-our-financial-markets-symposium.pdf.
Admission tickets can be obtained at http://nowstreetwomen.eventbrite.com/. Complimentary press passes will be provided to pre-approved journalists and editorial staff. Please email us as press(at)nowstreetevents(dot)com for information on obtaining a press pass.
Dara Albright, NowStreet’s Founder, commented, “This symposium will allow some of America’s most accomplished business leaders to share their wisdom and encouragement with today’s rising female stars. We are eager to help more women achieve success in a transforming marketplace, and we are truly grateful to have the opportunity to honor the ladies who continue to raise glass ceilings and inspire new generations.”
Symbolizing the capital markets of tomorrow and the hope for a more prosperous economic future, NowStreet is known in various financial circles for its commitment to restoring economic prosperity through its efforts in repairing market structure. NowStreet has been on the forefront of many recent market transformations. We were one of the earliest voices covering the JOBS Act and advocating for a respectable new marketplace to support smaller cap growth companies. NowStreet’s acclaimed industry events attract some of the most prominent speakers in the financial industry as well as the legislature and provide investors; investment bankers; wealth managers; crowdfunding professionals and enthusiasts; VCs; family offices; incubators; private equity firms; pre-IPO fund managers; brokers; secondary stock specialists; equity analysts; entrepreneurs and small business owners; journalists as well as tax, legal and regulatory experts with an unparalleled informational and networking experience – all in a framework specifically designed for uncovering new opportunities and securing business. As a result of its numerous ground-breaking events and cutting-edge market commentary, NowStreet has rapidly emerged as a respected opinion leader in the industry and is continuously sought after for advice, guidance and referrals.
Additional information can be found at http://nowstreetjournal.com/
Latest posts by Gloria Feldt (Posts)
- Dana Kaplan: How Community College Helped Her Change Careers - May 10, 2013
- Sandberg: Are You Bossy or Merely Showing Leadership Skills? - April 15, 2013
- She’s Done It: Betty Friedan, Sheryl Sandberg, and You - April 3, 2013